Friday, October 10, 2014

An Announcement!

I'm very happy to announce that one of my original illustrations was purchased by the Albany Institute of History & Art this past spring during my show at the African American Community Center of the Capital Region, Inc.!

The illustration is from my first book; My Hands Sing the Blues: Romare Bearden's Childhood Journey, created with oil paint and cut paper. It depicts men and women jumping off a tree into the air with flying birds, escaping to freedom : "Wanting to Be Free like the Wind Blows through a Tree"


My mom called me and said: "Lizzie, you're in the newsletter!" Thanks for letting me know, Mom! :)

... Click on the Newsletter to read the blurb! ...

The Albany Institute of History & Art happens to be in my neighborhood, and they have been very supportive of my artistic endeavors. They purchased the clog that I painted in the summer of 2012 and display it in their lobby!


.. the facade of the Albany Institute of History & Art ...
... the front doors ...

I will be teaching the Albany Institute's Girl Scout Program workshops this fall. The first is a jewelry workshop on October 18 for Junior Level Girl Scouts. We will be making our own jewelry inspired by the Institute's ancient Egypt exhibition! So exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment