Friday, October 10, 2014

Painted Tile

A few months back, I was asked to paint a ceramic tile for the African American Cultural Center of the Capital Region, Inc. They had partnered with Glennpeter Jewelers Diamond Centre for a previous event and were asked to contribute a tile for the Jeweler's "Wall of Love" which displays painted tiles from various community groups Glennpeter Jewelers has been involved with.

I was given a kit with the paints, brushes, and directions (a great help, for someone who's not used to ceramic paints!) and this is how the tile turned out:


This is before firing the tile in the kiln, so the final outcome will have brighter, darker versions of the colors used. I haven't gotten any calls telling me the colors ran or the tile exploded in the kiln or anything (I'm dramatic, I know) so I'm hoping it all turned out OK!

If you ever happen to be in their Albany location at 1544 Central Avenue and see the tile on the "Wall of Love", let me know how it looks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment