Thursday, March 6, 2014

Paintin' Babies

Ahhh, well it has been a busy couple of weeks. I've shifted from working on illustrations for one book to another, doing local school visits, and planning the next couple of months. Not to mention, my ceiling started leaking again and I've had to move my computer, printer and office stuff out of my office and onto my drawing desk, so that's thrown a wrench in my working in an organized space... but I'm dealing with it.

Anyways...

This illustration I'm working on now reminds me of how many babies I've painted over the years!

... baby from upcoming book out Spring 2015 ...


... Babies from Blue Boy series in high school ...

... Baby-carrier series from college ...


... Babies from egg-tempera & gold leaf series from college ...

... Baby from Icon series in college ...





... Baby from "Lala Salama" book ...

Mother and child subject matter has always appealed to me for some reason... and it's been a re-occurring theme in my work for over ten years! Maybe it has something to do with a baby's innocence and wide-eyed curiosity about and observation of the world. I always wonder: "What are babies thinking?"






No comments:

Post a Comment